Sunday, December 30, 2007

What "Love" means?

I'm trying to come up with a list of definition for "love" as described in a song.

Alternatively, for those who grew up listening to eurothrash dance hits like Haddaway's What Is Love, we're trying our best to save Haddaway. "What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.", you can take it as a mission to save Haddaway from being hurt. Very silly, I know. Hahahahaha...

For eg. in Massive Attack's Teardrop which features the inimitable Elizabeth (with a "z") Fraser, "Love, Love is a verb. Love is a doing word."

And Death Cab For Cutie, What Sarah Said, "Love is watching someone die."

If I have to go through my entire iTunes, it can be really tough.

I just remembered that U2 says in One that "Love is a temple. Love - the higher law." and also Eurythmics has a definition in You Have Placed A Chill In My Heart that starts off somewhat similar, "Love is a temple, love is a shrine. Love is pure and love is blind. Love is a religious sign. Love is hot and love is cold, love is rock and love is roll."

Can you all help out or not? Otherwise Haddaway will keep on asking what is love and his baby will hurt him. Domestic violence.

No comments: