Friday, December 07, 2007

Of birds and combs

I irritate the hell out of myself sometimes. Wasting my time thinking about intentions, cruel and kind.

Anyway, I'm thinking about how everyone is connected in this world. We are not like the teeth of a comb. We are not separated and inconsequential mutually. If you snap off a couple of teeth you can still pretty much comb with it.

But we are not like that.

We are more like birds on a wire. Should one of the birds fly off, the tension is released, ever so slightly and each bird along the wire gets affected unequally. How much each bird is affected depends on the relative position the bird which flew off was occupying. The closer you are to the one which had left, the more affected you are.


I guess that applies to loss and death.

being alone scares the life out of me ~ hard-fi

No comments: