Tuesday, December 04, 2007

In Rainbows

ok, typical me, reading too much into things again.

But the new album by Radiohead - In Rainbows, which is ABSOLUTELY fliphantastik! - is so named because they have completed their 6 album contract agreement with EMI.

Cause (duh!) rainbows got 7 colours.

And the first track is called 15 Steps because it's been 15 years since the release of their first single, Creep, in 1992.

I'm like, uh-huh-huh, such a closet fan. And I'm so pissed that AssTee journos are writing about Lehliohead.

I bet NOBODY thought of the connections above before I did.

P.S. Was telling poof that the defining moment (apparently there is one for me) is at exactly 3 minutes into All I Need when you ride on this xylophone (!!!) riff that completes the song. How to describe this moment? It's like eating a bowl of your favourite ice-cream on a really hot day and to find a perfectly roasted ball of marshmallow sitting at the bottom of the ball. And wondrously, it's not soggy.

No comments: