Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Google Blog

Ruok was commenting in Cowboy Caleb's blog about how he is "suddenly very afraid of Google....".

I agreed with him somewhat. Not afraid afraid but afraid you know? Haha....

So I did abit of work and googled google....

Guess what I found.

Google EVERYWHERE...I mean, it's like that cigarette stench that persists after a night out clubbing. After one hair wash, the smell still lingers....that type of EVERYWHERE.

Singaporeans are familiar with Google...comforting....when we need to know something, we just key in the keywords and click Google Search. And if we feel that the first site listed will be the site we want...we click I'm Feeling Lucky.
google04
Comforting sight....

We feel happy that besides Yahoo, Alta Vista, Lycos, Excite, MSN, metacrawler, askjeeves, Google has joined the ranks of search engines to better our lives! Yippee!

On special occasions, Google will even decorate the site with festive themed animations. Wow! How thoughtful....

We all hear how Google has been poaching important staff from Microsoft...and we all know that Microsoft is bad.
gates
Bad Microsoft!
googlegood
Google good... =)

So there is balance of the force. I am sure even Yoda will approve.

yoda
Yup, Yoda approves.

But then Google proliferates...man...it's everywhere!
google05
google03
google02
google01
googletalk
IT'S MADNESS!!!!!

We know blogger is Google too....
Besides the standard Google search site, there's also
Google for
answers
blogsearch
catalogs
code
deskbar
directory
earth
froogle
Gmail
groups
image
labs
maps
news
Picasa
print
scholar
toolbar
video
Googletalk
and....
web accelerator...

I nearly found them in the 1000 year old virgin V@Gi|\|A!!! (I am not vulgar by nature...it's just figure of speech, albeit a rather crude one.)

But along the way....I found other interesting sites as well....such as Google Watch.
This is a site that targets Google. oh goodie. yawn.

But this one is really good! Google Fight. This site lets you key in search words and find out which of the search words get more hits. This is about the only time that I key in Little Fish versus Cowboy Caleb, Mr Brown, Xiaxue, Sarong Party Girl, I turn out the winner! Yippee.....but damn....it's not to my site.

As you can see, 1 week of Medical Leave at home has driven me to a) watch paint dry b) observe erosion on stones c) calculate the 10,000th digit for Π d) watch Animal Planet in the hopes that it will be useful one day, just like Chester Greenburg in Dude, Where's My Car? Hey, you never know....I'm Feeling Lucky!





Oh, the 10,000th digit for Π is 8 by the way.

No comments: