Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Smile

Everything's falling, and I am included in that
Oh, how I try to be just okay
Yeah, but all I ever really wanted
Was a little piece of you

I know how to smile through the bitterest of moments. I can do that. I do that very well.

If there is anything I can do better than smile, is to pretend to do it from the bottom of my heart. To do it so well I find myself lulled by my own pretence.


I actually begin to think things are ok. That everything is going to be alright.

I don't recall when I started doing that. All this mock up. I certainly cannot remember if I learnt it. Was there ever a someone who taught me that life is about grinning and bearing?

Perhaps I do it too well. Maybe people around me need to know. I'm so glad I'm not in a place where people ask rhetorically "How are you doing?".

But I know myself all too well. The minute I start on my misery, everything goes awkward. And I have myself to salvage by smiling through it. So how would you know?

All the waves of blame arrange as broken scenery
As they steal your best memories away
What if I was someone different in your only history?
Would you feel the same
As I walk out the door
Never to see your face again

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you see... this is emo.
:p

sometimes it helps not smiling even at all. Ha ha...

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

If I can try. =p