Sunday, December 30, 2007

Maybe You're Gone

Maybe You're Gone

You have been waiting all your life
You use your patience to stay fine
Time moves on as you prepare to tell yourself be reasonable
Then come the times you can't foresee
You cannot leave, you can't release
To keep you far from those dreams
Ignoring the right times
Oh, waiting was my life

For now it's too late and you may not wait
And things that I have yet to know vanish before they're complete
I may turn around to see if you're still there
But as for now, it's just not safe

Maybe you'll wait for me
Maybe you're gone

You've been preparing all your life
You've had some trouble getting it right
And you try to tell yourself it may work, as it should
But something good can do much harm
The good may kill for your embrace
To keep you far from those dreams
You know you cannot dream

I'm stuck for now, it seems



Sondre Lerche

No comments: