Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tipler's Omega Point

I was browsing in Page One at VivoCity today and decided to look for Omega Point related books having been introduced to this theory some time ago.

I discovered that the leading person in this theory is Professor Franklin J. Tipler. I had trouble looking for his books, searching high and low in the physics and mathematics section. Finally asked for help and found his book (only one available) under "Christianity".

It was really funny because I approached the staff for assistance. The nice man asked me what was his genre. I confidently said he should be under mathematics or physics. And when he finally found the ISBN number for Tipler's The Physics of Christianity, it was under Christianity.....

The book was heavy going.....and I am having second thoughts. But the theory is very interesting. It is a very good balance against the whole lot more fashionable stand against monotheist religions.

Essentially, his theory is that the Omega Point is God. The singularity from which all we know off springs forth.


No comments: