Sunday, September 16, 2007

Widening knowledge

I've been reading Time magazine since I was 19. Well, kinda. I took took over the subscription when I turned 21. I've recently added another magazine under subscription. Forbes Asia. Quite simply because each fortnight I could then open up the pages and if I don't find myself featured inside, (positively, of course!) I will resigned myself to the fate that I have. And continue to work.

Well, actually it's because I think I need that side of knowledge. The dirtier side perhaps. That which the world, rightly or wrongly so, hinges on. It's not about the Middle East, the global warming, the latest natural disaster....it's "[T]he economy, stupid".

I wanted to subscribe to The Economist instead. Primarily because I didn't want to have information that was too US-skewed.

But no offer from the magazine was found in my letterbox so...I will review my options when my subscription ends.

I want to learn about investing because all the "knowledge" I gleam from friends don't always make economic sense. Then I can start letting my money earn income muahahaha....instead of the paltry interest rates from the bank.

I promise that I shall not be caught under the weight of my hubris. I promise to be disciplined. I promise that I will not succumb to "how I feel". I promise I will only stick to "what I know".

Well, watch me break my promises.

No comments: