Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Dog By Any Other Name

A person's name does a lifetime worth of damage.

For those who read modern pulp masquerading as "economics 101 for the rest of us" - Freakonomics by Levitt and Dubner, you might have been intrigued by a certain chapter titled, "A Roshanda By Any Other Name".


With that knowledge firmly gripped under my armpit (right, if you are wondering), my sister and I should be thinking up a suitable name for the new dog which my she has already decided wiill be the black coloured pup with brown on the paws and ears.

Amongst the sillier name she gave were Black Beauty, Black Diva....damn, why not just call her Oprah or Miss Jackson. She did have a rather unique one which was Orh Lu Lu which actually means "black" in hokkien. I think that can be a good name. Got surname somemore. Miss Orh. Miss Orh Lulu. Lulu Orh.

Call me Orh. Lulu Orh.

******EARTHQUAKE!!!!! ******

By the way, earthquake again. This time alot more violent. A little scary but the cool in me says, "No way am I going downstairs...."

My mum say Singapore digging too much underground. So we're just a floating rock with a hollow inside hence earthquakes affect us more. She never felt so much earthquakes years ago. I guess she's right. That's fantastic though. Singaporeans resemble the geographical make up of the island nation - bright and shiny on the outside, empty on the inside.

Oh, and don't you dare tell my mum otherwise. She's managed to convince herself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like Singapore's getting alot more tremors these few years. I've never felt one in my 20 or so years in Singapore.