Monday, September 03, 2007

Funeral Songs - My Ceremony

I remember "discussing" with KittyStar on the songs that we would like to get played at our funerals.

So if I should die abruptly, can someone tell my parents to play this track as my body, laid within the casket, is being heaved unceremoniously into the furnace:

Ceremony

This is why events unnerve me,
They find it all, a different story,
Notice whom for wheels are turning,
Turn again and turn towards this time,
All she ask's the strength to hold me,
Then again the same old story,
World will travel, oh so quickly,
Travel first and lean towards this time.

Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.

Oh I'll break them down, no mercy shown
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Avenues all lined with trees,
Picture me and then you start watching,
Watching forever, forever,
Watching love grow, forever,
Letting me know, forever.

Joy Division


Yes, the Joy Division version.

The catalogue number for the Ceremony number is FAC 33. Who knew this would be my lucky number.

33 is my synchronic devil. Some of you may know.

Tell me you don't know what this song means to me.

No comments: