Sunday, September 23, 2007

Forward Mess

In the unlikelihood that you're into naval lingo, mess refers to the living quarters of the crew. "Forward" is added in front to delineate it from the "Aft" where there is another mess.


Last Friday I was at the Changi Holiday Chalets cause I was invited by the Forward Mess to attend their chalet gathering. There was the usual BBQ and card games. The otak was particularly good. Being close to the Mid-Autumn Festival also meant having mooncakes.

Lots of fun, talking cock, with them. The imminent dispersal also meant that this will probably be the last outing for the Forward Mess.

I ended my night as the "Guest of Honour" for their lucky draw. Assorted prizes and there were a number of them. Mostly won by NSFs....I hope they don't think I rigged the draw...

I shall post a group photo taken outside the chalet...shall keep these people close to heart.

Squating: Cham, Kit, Heng (small), Junming, Denny.
Bending: Weiyan (Rough Rider), Ben, Yeoh, Chyork, Me.
Standing: Desmond, Jason (Tua Chui), Nicholas, Korbin, Sengtiong, Ben Teo (small),
Meng Soon (Lee Ming Sun aka Christopher Lee), Ah Khoo.

No comments: