Thursday, September 20, 2007

Playing Tag? Simi?

Kena tio tagged by beingwarm. So now I pasang? I go count to 100 and you go hide. It's called beebik in Singapore...what is tag?

Four jobs I have held in my life:

1. Army of COLONEL SANDERS - my first military job. the KFC at the defunct Big Splash.

2. Nephew of Accounts Executive - worked part-time as clerk/bill-chits-sorter/despatch/mess-about at the Singapore Cricket Club as my aunt was there.

3. Nephew of Accounts and Finance Manager - another holiday, another job. Aunt changed job to a clothing import/export firm. Still functioned as the clerk/data-entry/file-sorter/despatch/faxer/photocopier boy.....great!

4. Guinea Pig - I volunteered for Psychology and Experimental Economics experiments while in university. Great source of income. Beats having to work in a sweat-shop.

Four places I have lived:
1. Sennett Estate - yes! terrace-house. I was less than a year old. My dad used to drive a Triumph GT coupe. What happened? I don't know.

2. Whampoa - super memories there. Grandma and lots of relatives and friends still live in that area. Great food, good wet market....

3. Tuas/Changi/RSN ships - nature of work.

4. Derwent College, University of York - My happiest days. All the sordid details, I leave to your imagination.

Four countries cities I've had a vacation in: (amended so that I can include cities)
1. Phuket - I'm going again! Soon!.

2. Ibiza - Betchabygollywow!

3. Brisbane - I got to meet Clem Jones and stayed at his beach front condo along Surfers' Paradise. He was the family-friend of a friend whom I have lost.

4. Hue/Nha Trang - These two cities, and not Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi, were the bestest when I was in Vietnam.

Four favourite food:
1. Pasta.

2. Mee pok dry.

3. Beef noodles. (Bendemeer Hawker Centre, Boon Keng Hawker Centre and Lavender Food Square)

4. A good steak now and then. Medium rare. And lots of marbling.

Four places I'd rather be right now:
1. Back in York.

2. Somewhere in the Gulf of Thailand or north of the Malacca Straits, sea-state 0, mirror-like sea. The sunset and sunrise, the millions of stars you get to see...

3. A place where I don't get troubled by the complexities of life and relations.

4. Anywhere in the present. To be centred. To be in the moment (this one belongs to beingwarm.....) I don't think anywhere's comparatively better. I will eventually suss out the bad areas.

Four friends I am going to tag:
1. Kitty Star! - she's getting brilliant with the camera work and I think I am going to steal her music collection.

2. YS - Tango tango tango......brought together because of the distance apart.

3. Vong Yong How - one day he is going to be so famous.....the ONLY Singaporean ever to work with Otomo Katsuhiro.

4. Alisa - although I am not sure if she reads this blog anymore....

I wanted to add tankokseng and mykel but hmmm....the former blogs occasionally while the latter bankrupt liao.

3 comments:

lucid247 said...

That was speedy!

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

Gah! I forgot to edit the last of the 'where would i rather be' question.....

vulnerable toes said...

wasn't the vacation job at import/export firm the time with the curly hair? ;p
ys