Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ready.....Break!

A song that can register 1486 comments on songmeanings.net is pretty amazing.

A song that is often referenced by other emo bands is usually a fan favourite.

Holiday Parade - Success Story:

We played "Konstantine"
And I walked you to your doorstep
And you kissed me in the rain, my lucky day
I still spell konfusion with a "k"

Amber Pacific - Poetically Pathetic:

Reference to a song you love,
Spell confusion with a "K"

I don't really remember when was it that I first heard the song "Konstantine" by Something Corporate. But I'd suppose it was about the same time I heard Death Cab, Jimmy Eat World and the rest of the emo bands. Who was really whipping up the airwaves then? Hmm...Dashboard Confessional I'd think. Erm.......Something Corporate is from Orange County, California. It's got to be the O.C. effect. (Jade - don't laugh.)

Finding out that the song attracted so many comments on songmeanings.net kinda piqued my interest. Reading the lyrics and noticing that it referenced For Me This Is Heaven by Jimmy Eat World kind of sealed its fate. I was definitely gonna get a copy of this song. For Me This Is Heaven is such a rare gem of a song that fits a lifetime of "what ifs" and "what might've beens" into 4 minutes. Seeing that Konstantine was a whooping 9 minute plus song.....I'm always wary of long songs, set of some alarm bells. Either they are real good or they just sound boring after the 4th minute.

I don't think I will post the lyrics here....nobody reads them anyway.

Well, JEW performed at the South By Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas before. Which was also where local band The Great Spy Experiment showcased themselves to the world recently. And their next performance at Timbre, damn, I can't go see cause I have a wedding to attend. Go Saiful!

No comments: