Saturday, June 02, 2007

Lesson 1

After about a decade, I finally had my first driving lesson.

Did the intro to car bit - Hello Honda City No. 41, meet me. Hello me, meet Honda City No. 41. Hondas don't talk much I was told. Cars that talk are usually the European sort. Like Mercedes, Volvo, Audi and BMW. Some other cars purr instead. Like Porsche, Ferrari and Lotus. I don't know. I'm alright with cars that just keep to themselves.

Then it was about adjusting seat, mirrors, aircon blah...

Followed by some footdrills - clutch, fuel, brake, clutch, fuel, brake, clutch fuel, brake, clutch, brake, doh!

Then some stuff about gearstick. Moving around a shaft that's somewhat fixed at the base? Now that I am familiar with. Girls should be good at fingering buttons? Oui? Non?

Next came this hide and seek portion about finding the biting point. It's easier than finding the G-Spot. Actually I may be wrong on that. But, please fill up form 1156A to apply if you really want to test me. Photocopy both sides and submit 3 days in advance. After the biting point was found, it was about moving off. And reversing. And moving off and reversing and moving off and reversing. Of course there were stopping drills in between.

Then Mr Woo, the instructor, said "Let's go round the circuit." and that was what we did for about 20 minutes or so. Going around and around, adjusting for turns, finding the right point to wheelover....Pretty soon the 100 minutes were up.

Damn, it's easier to drive a ship definitely. I can parallel park a ship but can't drive a freaking car yet. The shame of it.....should have told him I was 23 years old instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i. am. so. proud. of. you.

FINALLY! driving lessons!

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

lesson 2 put the strain on the right ankle though. garh!