Monday, January 29, 2007

You've got mail!

I found a magazine addressed to me yesterday before I left for the wedding. It was lying on the doorstep. Hand-delivered with a computer generated self-adhesive label bearing my name and home address on the plastic wrapping the magazine.

COLLECTOR'S EDITION
LEXEAN

FOR THE MAN WHO BELIEVES IN
THE POWER OF WORDS
THE MERIT OF MORALITY
THE MIGHT OF VIRTUE
ONE WHO IS WORLDLY IN OUTLOOK
ASIAN AT HEART & PROUD TO BE LEXEAN

The letters were in gold and set against the shiny black background.

I raised an eyebrow, placed it back on the table and left for the wedding.

Supposedly this is a brand new magazine that was hyped since September last year and boasted a 100,000 subscription base. Even before the first magazine was printed. Touted as a hybrid of The Economist and GQ, the Lexean editorial board and committee comprise a host of familiar names; Ken Jalleh Jr, Lisa Marie Tan, Dick Lee...(many other names) and the contributors include Ravi Veloo, Cherian George and Tan Tarn How.

Check out who reads this magazine. Or at least who they target:



Haha.....I don't know why they address this to me. But the magazine is a very good read. So keep on sending them to me. I don't mind. But I don't think I will pay $15.80 a pop. 100,00 subscriptions, 1000 on sale at selected locations and a few thousands delivered gratis.

I love free stuff.

2 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I received a copy too. I looked through it and I'm dying of laughter. I don't know, man, I don't think it is worth the paper it was printed on.

It's not unlike another issue of 'The Peak', 'Prestige'...

It's 'Cosmo' for men...

Hahahaahahaha.

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

really ah? i must say i enjoyed reading the articles by cherian george, tan tarn how and even those by pritphal singh on the pay strucutre of pilots. didn't notice any music, film or theatre reviews leh.

the huge amount of advertising off putting.

found the fashion stuff interesting but though i strive to dress well, i can't dress rich. so...