Saturday, January 20, 2007

The singer in tha band made me want to cry

Sometimes songs get forgotten even before they get a chance to be remembered.

There this probably a wealth of such great songs by such great bands but they will never be featured on a popular radio station. Or be found in any jukebox selection.

Camera Obscura's Country Mile.

Traceyanne, vocalist of the band sings,

|Silver Birch against a Swedish sky | The singer in the band made me want to cry | We’re all inside our own heads now | We are leaving new friends | Leaving this town

then she continues with her imagination, oblivious to the fact that the singer in the band is herself.

|I wish you could be here with me | I would show you off like a trophy | The road it winds, it twists, it turns | Oh my stomach burns

Her desperation then begins to show.

|Once again, I’ll be the foolish one | Thinking a blink of these lashes would make you come | Don’t you worry, don’t get in a state | I don’t believe in true love anyway | Who’s being pessimistic now?

She sings about her caring ways (which reminds me of this other song).

|I could document this as our first, as our last row | The more you look forlorn, the more to you I warm

And finally confess to her weakness....

|I won’t be seeing you for a long while | I hope it’s not as long as this country mile | I feel lost...

Time to leave for Sentosa....

No comments: