Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What if....

My medical condition didn't get better significantly enough for Professor Vernon Oh to reduce my 10mg dosage of Norvasc. That's the trade name. It's actually Amlodipine Besylate.

In fact he has given me another tablet - Invoril 5 which is Enalapril Maleate, all 5mg of it.

I haven't been to the medical centre since last November when I was made to report on a daily basis for a week so that they can measure my blood pressure. The last I've seen Prof Oh was in mid Dec last year and won't be seeing him til April.

The military doctor says that my physical employment status cannot be sustained because it's either I am made unfit for sailing and physical activity or fit for both. And was told that unless I can bring it down to a consistent 120/80, he won't consider my blood pressure as "managed".


Using my trusty iBPM that was given to me lovingly by V, I am currently 116/81 and pulse is a healthy 64.

Only thing is, I feel a dull pain on my chest these days. I first noticed it on Christmas Eve and whenever I am thinking about it, the pain becomes noticeable.

Must be psychological.

No comments: