Friday, January 12, 2007

Hong Kong: Revisited

The pissing rain that started since I return from Tokyo reminded me of the first days of December in 2006.


I miss the food in Hong Kong. The weather was great. No problem of monsoon surges. I generally miss being away from home, work and familiarity.


I didn't manage to get a picture of Choi Hung MTR station along the Kwun Tong Line. The mosaic is of the colours of the rainbow because Choi Hung (彩红)is Cantonese for rainbow.


Also forgot to take a photo of Tsim Sha Tsui. I always found the name romantic. In a "triad/noir-ish, Hong Kong movie" kind of way. I remember a Hong Kong flick starring Jacky Cheung named To Live And Die In Tsim Sha Tsui (新边缘人 or New Outsider or maybe not). Must have borrowed from the other 1980s movie, To Live And Die In LA.

p.s. lousy photos, I know.

No comments: