Wednesday, January 10, 2007

ChaCha Search and Dogpile

Found these two interesting search engines.

ChaCha uses a "real person" guide to help refine the search results to those that you are really interested in. It really depends on how well defined your search is. You get to chat with the guide who will lead you through the search.

A real life example:

Status: Looking for a guide ...
Status: Connected to guide: TAMONAV
TAMONAV: Welcome to ChaCha!
You: hello
TAMONAV: Are you there?
You: if you are
TAMONAV: Are you looking for a blog by Jackson Pang
You: yes
TAMONAV: I am sorry this is the only blog I can find in regards to your request.
TAMONAV: Would you like to try another guide?
You: that's not even close
Transfer: You are being transfered to another guide who can help you search even better!
Looking for guide ...
Status: Connected to guide: BobbyD
BobbyD: Welcome to ChaCha!
You: maybe you can help better
BobbyD: searching
BobbyD: one moment please
BobbyD: Are these results sufficient?
You: no.
Transfer: You are being transfered to another guide who can help you search even better!
Looking for guide ...
Status: Connected to guide: JerushaC
JerushaC: Welcome to ChaCha!
You: you're my third guide
JerushaC: It appears that you were transferred to me... How can I help you?
JerushaC: lol
JerushaC: Sorry about that.
JerushaC: What is it exactly that you are looking for?
JerushaC: Would you like me to delete the sites that you already received?
You: that'll be great.
JerushaC: So you're looking for Jackson Pangs blog?
You: a blog belonging to some bloke named jackson pang
JerushaC: Okay, I will see what I can do... One moment please...
You: thanks man
JerushaC: You're very welcome
JerushaC: Are these results helpful?
You: you are god aren't you?
JerushaC: lol
JerushaC: No I am not, but I'm glad that I could assist you :D
JerushaC: Is there anything else I could find for you today?
You: that's all. thanks!
JerushaC: You're welcome... Have a wonderful day :D
JerushaC: Please RATE ME. Thanks for using ChaCha.
Status: Session ended.

Another is Dogpile web search. It combines the power of other search engines and gives you all the results from the popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Ask, MSN..... You get results fetched by Arfie - the resident dog. He's a dalmatian born in 2 Jan 1996. That makes him 77 human years old..

No comments: