Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Private Entry - for my mum and sis

Ok, how to tell if the jeans are selvage....

Look at this pair from dutti...notice the seams? The denim is kept from fraying by the looping stitches that run down the length of the seam.
Now this pair from APC. My New Standards. The denim is finished with it's own threading without the looping stitches.
These are selvage denim. Levis, along with many American jeans makers used to have them but they replaced their shuttle looms (for spinning the denim) with projectile looms in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Levis Vintage Clothing still carry selvage jeans I think. So does GAP, UNIQLO (Jados lives in UNIQLO-land) and probably many others.


From my mum after I hinted she should go Harvey Nichols and look for Nudies:

Hi, went to Harvey Nichols on Monday. This shop opp LV n doorman open dr* [sic] for ME :-D. Damn class shop. Only 2 model less than £90. Slim Jim Stone £85, Slim Jim Dry £80. If u want let me know.
* dr = door, I reckon.

Few days back when it snowed in Edinburgh:

Hi all, wow! It's amazing! It's snowing! What a beautiful sight in the bright light of the street lamps?! Pity it's now night time otherwise I'll go out catch the snow...:-0 :-> :- )


I'd like to see how your mum can beat that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From your fave sister (i still insist),
NO birthday parcels?!?! *sulks* And u wanna buy jeans that cost 100pounds?! Growls.
Anyway my mum beats yours. She msges my guyfriends abt me and tell them to keep it secret. think -vely :(( But on the other hand she came here to accompany me till my bday is over. think +vely :)
Now u keep this a secret. :x

Oh and my friends' mothers go clubbing in clothes found in their wardrobe. HAvoc SIA!

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

ok, so how you know that your will not read this blog?