Saturday, January 27, 2007

I can't shout loud enough

My sister celebrated her 21st Birthday yesterday. Only my mum was with her. But I'm sure there were many new friends and a couple of older ones who celebrated with her in cold cold Edinburgh.

Both of us had our 21st away from home. Most guys in Singapore spend theirs donning green (blue, if you are in the airforce or navy).

Mum spent the better part of January with my sister in her hostel so she has gotten a good idea as to how my sister will spent the first half of this year.

I don't think the stuff she witnessed while staying with my sister settled her nerves about leaving her daughter there. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. To not know what mischiefs and shenanigans your children can get up to is one of those "some" times. Not to mention the drunks, druggies, sex-crazed and all those in between who stays around my sister. I swear it's exciting. I always love seeing my neighbour passing through the kitchen to get back from the shower when I am preparing my dinner.

She wears only a smile and a terry-cloth towel.

So here's to my most-favouritest little sister - a big shout out to you over 10,000km...

Happy 21st Birthday!

P.S. no point blogging about it on the actual day cause you shouldn't have been spending time on the internet. But then again, the Saturday morning (or afternoon) after you wake, you may be nursing a hangover.....so....thanks in advance for my Nudies. And please take super care after mum return home.

P.P.S we can negotiate discuss about presents when you are back or in desperate need of money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheers! :)