Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Recovering ankle

So I hurt my ankle last month.

And posted some pictures of my coloured ankle.

See here and here.

Thing is, I have been trying to "run off" the injury. You know, the times when you watch EPL and after a player is tackled he will roll around and wince a bit, get some aerosol spray can then as if by magic, hobble off and starts sprinting off. That's like "running off" the injury. Didn't work for me.

I realise it doesn't work cause after the punishment I gave my ankle like when I ran to Serangoon Stadium and also training for my IPPT because I was required to pass it by 1st Oct by the Fleet and my Medical Certificate expired on 30 Sep. I could have gotten an excuse but being the man *cough cough* that I am, decided to pass it on 2nd Oct at Maju Camp.

Anyway, since I want to start some serious running, I needed to be in a good condition. Decided to get some chinese physician to look at my ankle.

It's bad enough to own a deformed ankle. To be lectured by the person treating you can be really demoralising. Although she was a small size woman, she really had the power in her wrist, forearm and fingers. I tried to relax and think of nice thoughts but in the end, probably blinked away a tear or two. She kinda said something like the swelling was not 一点点 like I described but quite bad considering it's been more than a month. If not treated properly will be susceptible to sprains in future and rheumatism. So I jokingly told her I tried to jog and run and that was when she gave me a sarcastic raised eyebrow with follow up remarks equalling her look.

Bet you don't get this from doctors.

Anyhow, I am suppose to go back in another 3 days time. In the meanwhile, my ankle is in some medicine wrap meant for overnight use. She said might take 3-4 sessions.

So now I am mummified again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! That looks...painful. =( Well at least you have your buddies (stikfas figures) for company and your gf to look after you.

So... you are a lucky man already. Heh!

Hope all goes well after the mummification!

<3

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

I should be so lucky. Lucky. Lucky. Lucky.