Sunday, October 09, 2005

When will they stop - 3

There is yet another dead Singaporean with unclaimed wealth in Nigeria. His surname is once again, Pang. I have decided not to ask my dad how come so many dead Pangs are in Nigeria and how come we are not rich.

Maybe it's because,

1) My dad doesn't work for Shell Company.
2) My dad has never been to Nigeria
3) My dad does not have fancy christian name on his passport like Allan and David.
4) He is my dad.

Anyhow, this will be the last time I post such an entry. They are starting to bore me and pretty soon, irate.

FROM THE DESK OF BARRISTER JOHN OKAFOR
SOLICITOR AND ADVOCATE
#24 CANAN STREET IKOYI
LAGOS NIGERIA.


Dear Pang,

I am Barrister JOHN OKAFOR a solicitor at law and personal/family
attorney to Mr David Pang,who was the Chief Operations Manager,with Shell Oil
development company in Nigeria herein shall be referred to as "my client". (my ass)
On the 21st of April 2000, my client his wife and their three children
travelled to their home country and were involved in a fatal accident and everybody died.
Ever since then, I have made several enquries to your
embassy to locate any of my client's extended relatives but this has
also proved unsucessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts,I decided to track his last
name over the internet to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you.
My client left lots of money in the bank here.About $18.5 million dollars
USD is left in his name in UNION BANK here in Nigeria. I have contacted you
that bears this surname to reparate his money before they get confiscated
since there is a government gazette/circular mandating/ authorizing banks to
place on hold or freeze any account containing huge sums of money that has
been unserviceable for a reasonable period of time.

This is geared towards forestalling capital flight from the economy. Prior
to the execution of this directive, I decided to mail you to stand as the
next of kin to my client so as to claim the money. I am now soliciting for
your assistance/co-operation in approaching the bank to sign-off and claim
this fund from the Bank since your surname is the same as my client's surname.
Upon your readiness to signoff and claim the fund as the next of kin
of the deceased to have the same last name so that the proceeds of this
account valued at $18.5 Million dollarsUSD can be paid to you. You will
get 25% share of the money, 65% Will be for me and some of the officials of the
bank and 10% for legalpapers and other expences to be incured during the
transaction.

I will forward to you the necessary documents to enable you make
adequate claim over the funds and have access to it.I will also forward to you
the contact details of the bank and the officer to contact so as to avoid the
accumulation of much demurrage on the deposited Money from the Bank.
Please reach me immediately, indicating your interest concerning this
transaction. And send your Tel and Fax numbers so we can communicate more easily and
I can brief you more.You should please reply my mail to my chambers Mail
address which is john20okafor@yahoo.com Your soonest response is anticipated.

God bless you and Best Regards. (Repent!)

Barrister JOHN OKAFOR(SAN).

No comments: