Sunday, September 11, 2005

Update on Pig's trotters

Just like what the Doctor at Changi General Hospital said....."I don't think the swelling will go down over the weekend, instead it's gonna be more swollen by Sunday night."

There must be a reason why I take 3 years in Uni to finish with a BSc in Econs whereas doctors take X number of years to become, well, doctors.

This was on Friday.....
Swollen ankle
This is on Sunday night....veins are no longer visible....area below ankle got blue black
P9110113

Doctor: I'm gonna give you 2 weeks MC for that. It's like hospitalisation leave.

Me: I got sailing on Monday and Tuesday. Can I go?

Doctor: You will be excused from boots and lower limb activities till the end of this month and you will be reviewed 2 weeks later.

Me: The swelling will go down over the weekend right?

Doctor: I don't think the swelling will go down over the weekend, instead it's gonna be more swollen by Sunday night.

Me: But if I don't work for one week, I'll be dead.

Doctor: I am giving you painkillers and at present, you probably need crutches.

Me: My email box will burst.

Doctor: Ok, the painkillers are stronger.

Me: Will I need antacid?

Doctor: The neutraliser I am giving you is a strong antacid.

Me: So your professional opinion is that I'd better stay home for 2 weeks?

Doctor: I can reduce to a week but your review will have to be later than your MC.

Me: ??

Doctor: Your MC will end on the 16 but the review is on 21.

Me: Ok. Must I finish the painkillers?

Doctor: No.

Me: Ok.

The painkillers were Diclofenac and the antacids were Famotidine.

Ok, mental note: I am not to take Famotidine during lactation. Um....checked.
Do not feed my body to vultures as my corpse will contain Diclofenac. Might cause renal failure which is a known side effect. Vulture population in the Indian sub-continent experienced sharp decline when carcasses of animals fed with Diclofenac were scavenged by vultures. Um....checked?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Stick some frozen peas on it.

esdee said...

Oh my! Get well soon. REST lah ... let it heal! Then after that can run as much as you want.

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

it will be quite a sight to stick a couple of frozen peas on my foot. like some demented kid obsessed with art and craft lessons. i know what you mean, mark, thanks.

I'll throw a couple of them frozen peas and go...
let it heal let it heal let it heal

haha, that's not funny.