Saturday, October 08, 2005

As fate would have it

On Wednesday, we were out at Toa Payoh meeting up for a dinner. So CEO, WEO Lup Sup Lum, NO and I made our jolly way and were rather early. Hence we decided to stock up on snacks for the cabin and ended up in NTUC.

As we were queueing up to pay for the purchase, WEO Lup Sup Lum noticed a Spastic Children Association of Singapore charity box-doll placed next to the payment counter. I don't know what came over him but his mischief wires connected and kind of cross-wired with his perversion. I must state upfront that he is a devout christian who will never cause harm to any children, spastic or otherwise, but it was a moment of sheer folly that caused him to think up the following and action on it. He must have wondered if there were perverse souls, other than his momentary self, who would place themselves in front of the box-doll as if the doll was getting their pipes cleaned - metaphorically speaking. He promptly stood facing the box-doll with his arms akimbo, turning back to look at us with a wry smile.
CEO immediately excused himself from the queue and went to "look at some VCDs" leaving the provisional pervert and me in the queue....

As we were making our way to dinner, in the middle of HDB Hub area, I exclaimed in a rather loud tone, "How can you do that to a spastic girl, even though she is just a doll?"

Just then, CEO told me there was a an actual spastic girl behind with the sister and the sister was giving me the dirty look (not to be confused with the come-hither look). What are the chances? I suppose this was one of those situations that should be best left alone and to walk away as soon as possible. It's like tackling a player in the football field. If you know you have unwittingly mistimed your tackle in a 50/50 situation and got to the player's feet instead of the ball, walk away......especially when you see the referee around.

This was Part One.

And now for Part Two.

Was at Liang Seah watching the rest eating their dinner as V and I had already eaten. We were talking about Pixel-P playing water-polo for his hall even though he was no longer staying in hostel. He was a legal squatter (which I suppose is like "military intelligence" - an oxymoron) by paying to stake claim as the 3rd resident of a double room. I sound like I don't know what I am talking about. But I am sure it makes sense.

Ended up talking about swimming and pools. Pools with "gay hours" where PLU members can have a wonderful time fro-licking in the water before adjourning to the shower room. So Katong pool was talked about, a pool at Jalan Besar was talked about but definite no-nos seemed to be the more crowded pools like Bedok and Toa Payoh (a classic post on wanking in public pools). More family oriented I suppose. Pixel-P was saying the NTU pool was rather quiet too. That was when I asked, "Isn't it suppose to be filled with 中国人 (chinese nationals)?"

Everyone at the dinner table changed to a rather ashened look. Isn't it amazing how humans communicate. The twitch on the corner of one's mouth, the slightest of arc on somebody's eyebrows, the faintest blush on the cheek of a person, the tiniest dilation of your partner's pupils can tell so much. And within nano seconds, so much can be communicated. Zero words, no sound but maximum tacit acknowledgement that there might be chinese nationals behind me who heard me saying 中国人.

I am constantly getting into trouble like this. Like there were instances when I blurt out comments about tudung-wearing muslim girls behaving intimately with their muslim boyfriends (i think such girls are either a living, breathing oxymoron or a sad victim of parental pressure). Basically, my mouth shoots off faster than my brain can think. And that, usually, cannot be a good thing.

[Afternote: Jalan Besar Swimming Pool, for the record, was talked about. Not necessarily that it was gay-friendly or had gay-hours. I am certain Singapore Sports Council does not have any policy for or relating to gay-friendly pools.]


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for the record, the jalan besar pool isnt one of "those" pools. at least, from what i saw last nite lah. just tt when i googled it, found out tt there was some GLB club tt meets there on monday evenings at 7pm. not sure how accurate tt is tho.

but katong definitely is one of 'em :) bryan can vouch for me