Sunday, January 20, 2008

Interpol

.- -. - .. -.-. ...

I think Yugin was the first to tell me about Interpol. He, knowing that I like Joy Division, said this was the new band (then in 2004/5) that was being heralded as the latest incarnation of "the new Joy Division" after their debut album in 2002, Turn On The Bright Lights.

Let's not get too excited about how the drums sound. How the bass is tuned and played. Whether or not the guitar is like how Martin Hannett would have liked it. Faster but slower.

This is not about how Interpol is a band from NYC that needs a bigger audience urgently.

This is about me, being a music snob, and how all this snobbery got me to listen to this band, 4-5 years late.....

All this snobbishness is getting me nowhere. Hahaha...somebody save me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

! ! ! ! ! ! !

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

it's true i tell you.....the shame of it.... =(

yugin said...

told u so.... TOTBL is still my fav album of theirs. Soz, only saw this post now. =p