Saturday, January 28, 2006

On a day like today

I know the title is also the title of a song by Keane.

It was a weird morning anyway. With ^ appearing in my dream talking me through on things that are on my mind right now. Making me ask the fundamental-est of questions.

Then with V's 2nd sms, makes me wanna listen to Smashing Pumpkins' (I don't want to link to smashingpumpkins.com site because it belongs to billy corgan now.) Whir from the album of B-sides and unreleased tracks - Pisces Iscariot. From the simple mere mention of whirl in V's sms. I don't know how and why things and words always trigger off tracks in my head.

I've wasted all my years Been chasin' all my fears For another brighter than you
I gave in long ago to make it to the show, But it's not easy when you're alone
All your prayers In my ears Don't you care?
Whir yourself around Just to fall back down Whir yourself around
My honey, little girl C'mon, lets go for a whir It's still early, the sun is sleeping
She says she wants to marry me She says she wants a baby It's not easy when you're scared
Whir yourself around Just to fall back down Whir yourself around
All your prayers In my ears Don't you care?

No comments: