Sunday, January 15, 2006

Is it what you make of it?

It's freaking Sunday and I am studying for test tomorrow.

I was down at Phuture last night. Sirens. It's now a monthly affair. The visuals were by breakinasia crew so Ben/Pin were there. And sherman, kennedy et. al. Amongst the usual gang, only Mong was there. Her brother and cousin...Yve was there with Ben (another one) and a whole slew of friends whom I cannot remember anymore. Just that I could hold the name of the first guy for 15mins, enough for me to tell Pin that I cannot remember all their names and Pin telling me for some weird reason he can remember the guy's name which at that time I could too but I cannot remember anymore.

But I do remember one of Yve's friend said something like, "oh you're jackson? I'm michael." I gave her the *hur hur* look.

Anyhow, was chatting with kennedy for the first time ever. We actually meant months ago, at one of the breaks event at Rouge. I couldn't even catch his name then. He was one of Pin's newer friends then and even Pin couldn't really be sure of his name. Not many people have Kennedy as a name right?

So Kennedy was a regular too. And so is Ben (breakinasia). Kennedy ORD-ed and Ben has got a couple of months more to go. It's no wonder that Kennedy is older than us. But he looks early 20s (very different from Mong's brother who can pass off as older than us). Kennedy thought I was 24. Lighting plays a big part in assessing a person's age. Clubs are not ideal for that.

Kennedy is now a customer service officer at a community centre.

I was gonna ask if the pay cut was huge. Naturally. Is he happier now? He probably can't complain. neither can he really compare.

I think it's pretty big as much as it is intangible, this issue of having happiness in your life.

Whenever there's talk about job dissatisfaction, I'm reminded that a job at the end of the day is to facilitate your goals in life (unless you're a sad fuck whose only goal in life is your work). So maybe I should just fuck the test on Monday and enjoy myself today, being Sunday (it's holy you know?)

No comments: