Sunday, January 15, 2006

The lives we live

I don't know if the blogs people keep reflect a sadder part of their lives. But for me, I bet it is.

I'm so two-faced about it that I think I'm bluffing even myself here. Or rather, I am bluffing myself when I am not here.

I don't know which is which.

I wish there was a religion I can believe and place my faith in. I don't have faith in mankind cause they have been disappointing at one point of time or another. I wish there can be more happiness in my life, but I have been told I am how I believe I am. I think that's just bollocks. Can it be that I am really helpless?

All I care about now is for the next few years of my life to speed by. Why is life so full of uncertainty? Why must all the cliches be true?

Why is it that whenever I try to sound a little cheerful in this blog I end up sounding either facetious or dishonest? Maybe not to you but to myself? Why must it be so important anyway, to be happy about life?

Too much alcohol on a weekend night can seriously fuck your mind up....


Mental note: Carrefour has got pretty knowledgeable wine purchasers. I bought two bottles of Hugel Alsace 2001 Pinot Noir (This type of fruity red wine should be drunk within the next two years, at a temperature of 12-14°C, with white meat like poultry or veal, or with grilled or roast red meat like lamb or beef, or even with fish - thanks to its low tannin levels. 5 September 2003) and 2002 Riesling(Nicely dry, crisp and lively on the palate, an ideal Riesling whose light and refreshing character makes it a good aperitif and a partner for shellfish, oysters, cockles, also quiches and cold meats. Drink chilled at 6-8°C within the next year.5 September 2003). And they are both beyond their prime. It was cheap too! Less than $30 per bottle. Nevermind. For my next impending roast duck meat party, I'm going to start with a bottle of Ernest and Gallo 2004 White Zinfandel and followed by the Penfolds Coonwara Bin 128 (forgot which year) and maybe finish off with a Bordeaux.

No comments: