Thursday, December 29, 2005

Under the weather

Had a sortie onboard one of our maritime patrol aircraft on tuesday. Was still feeling rather flushed from the thrill of landing at Changi Airport while seated in the jump-seat. In case you don't know what a jump-seat is, it's this collapsible seat in between the two pilots just behind the throttle in the middle. From here, you get a really fantastic view. And you experience a little joy when you see the landing strip slowly gaining on you initially and when it's less than a 500ft, the tarmac just seems to crash under you. Amazing.

This site gives a very accurate description. Link

During the flight, we saw a commercial jet climbing to the usual 30,000ft that they fly at. Contrails were forming off the tips of the wings. That was when one of the pilots started explaing to me about the formation of contrails......sort of.

But when I was going home, got caught in the rain. And by evening, I was wheezing and feeling feverish. By the next morning when I woke at 6am, I could barely move myself as I was in aching in all sort of places. So I decided to not go to work. It was about noon that I realised that V was also on sick leave. I am starting to wander what was it that got to us.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to the New Year holiday. Not the new year.

No comments: