Monday, December 12, 2005

Monday Thoughts

Three quotes kept my lull moments occupied today.

Well, two quotes and a line from a song.

I have finished reading Time magazine's interview with MM Lee. While I don't have as strong a reaction as the article that was tomorrowed, nevertheless, I suppose I have finally read on print what MM Lee thought about religions and being religious in general. That's cause mum had always told me that the Singapore Gov was always sure to steehttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifr away from matters relating to religions publicly. When asked if he thought himself as religious or if he had any religious faith to keep him going, to sustain him, this was what he had to say:

There are some things in the human spirit that are beyond reason.

I am thinking about his other thoughts on radical Islam and how should the Americans opt out of the current situation in Iraq, there might be a resurgence of Arab and Islamic pride. I think about the Christians that are so proud to show how religious they are. And how I squirm each time some guy/gal who wins an Academy/Emmy/Grammy/Golden Globe/MTV/blah blah blah award proceeds to thank gGod. I have yet to find any coherence in this stream of thoughts so later I suppose. But seriously, for religions that are monetheist, is there room for other faiths?

Next was the quote by Steven Spielberg whose movie Munich will soon be released had this to say about the child in all of us (for the romantics or dreamers):
Maybe the child in all of us dies just when we need him the most.

Alright, maybe it's more for the pessimists and underdogs.

And lastly, the song lyric, by Smashing Pumpkins - Annie Dog:
Is it wrong to be swallowed whole to disappear in her to give to her the priceless peace of giving up control?

No comments: