Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I just watched The Promise

I just watched The Promise having talked about it previously.

It was not entertaining and I am glad I paid only $7 for it.
Maybe I am regretting paying $7 for it. I don't know.

Hoping to find something special in a Chen Kaige film....what I found was a low-grade Forrest Gump set 5000 years ago. The special effects were really atrocious...so were the computer generated images. The wire-work was alright but compared to Hero, the set pieces were forgettable. I am sure now many will still remember fighting scenes from Hero. Be it the yellow autumn leaves fight or the water ballet fight.

And tucked in right at the end, we have Nicholas Tse's catharsis. (spoilers ahead! but really, you don't want to watch this, unless it's $7.) About how a young cecilia cheung made him lose trust in everybody, including himself, robbing him of a chance to become good. I thought it was like oprah winfrey. I was half expecting the crowd to start clapping in unison while shouting, "Jerry, Jerry!"....

No comments: