Monday, February 04, 2008

Away From Her

I remember there was once this email meme that I filled up before. I remember that there was a question inside that went something like "What name would you give to your first daughter?"

Weirdly, the name jados wanted for her daughter was the same one I would have given - Chloe.

I remember quite well, or perhaps I imagined to have remembered well, that there was this other question. It was asking what was your greatest fear.

Some of the friends I hang out with might think it's wet sticker labels (very funny....haha....ok, don't tease me with that) that I fear the most. But I remembered (or imagined to have done so) putting down "desperation" as the answer.

I dread being in despair. I fear the choices I might have to make and the decisions I might take in desperate moments. Or worse, to be so desperate that there are simply no choices.

I must have said to a close friend once about this other dread that I have. And that is not to be able to remember my past. As one would if stricken by Alzheimer's or dementia. What are you if not a composite of where you have been?

I thoroughly enjoyed myself watching the movie Away From Her. It should be made compulsory for all married couples above 65 as well as families with elderly.



When we were strangers
I watched you from afar
When we were lovers
I loved you with all my heart.


~ Harvest Moon by Neil Young

P.S. thanks for the company auntie

No comments: