Sunday, July 08, 2007

So......somebody

"So Julie's gonna head off cause Julie's got her head on........" That was the line that got my attention. Head on? Being sensible or "head on" as in moving on?

And when the bridge comes on with "Well, every night I rush to sleep. Every point of you surrounds me...." that kind of just made so much sense then.

I think it was 1999 when I first heard So Julie on Perfect 10. I was amazed that it was by a Malaysian dude. Not our neighbours up north cause he is from Kuching, Sarawak (macam Kenny Sia). So neighbours due east.

I think I was leaving for my studies then and was generally excited but at the same time still thinking about a girl. I was still making new friends and old friends were breaking up. So much was happening and to leave it all behind was something that was beyond my control. If there is a feeling I fear most in the world, it would be desperation.

This song is haunting me again. Things do behave in a cyclical manner don't they? Because if you see me now, I haven't got that far.

"I know what you're like but I don't know who you are....."



So Julie

I saw your eyes again
Did we talk last night
About the little things?

So Julie
Does it matter when I call?
I think you're awful young
To try and shoot the world down on your own

But if we dance a while
We could cut it loose
Take some time
Well, how about a little time
We find our own abuse

Now that we were wrong
Sorry that it took so long
In the world we live in
Often we don't know who we are
So Julie's gonna head off
Cause Julie's got her head on

Now we go find out
That we've already lost enough
So now we're gonna win it back again

So Julie
When you think of me
Does it come to mind
We're living in the same room
In the same house
On the same street
In the same town
Why don't you come and dance a while?
We'll go and cut it loose
Take some time
Well how bout a little time?
We find our own.....

Well every night I rush to sleep
Every point of you surrounds me
If you see me now
I haven't got that far
Because I know what you're like
But I don't know who you are
Julie's gonna head off
Cause Julie's got her head on

So we go find out
But we've already lost enough
So now we're gonna win it back again



Lo

No comments: