Sunday, July 15, 2007

Go!

How does one feel their age?

Perhaps by what they feel inside. Perhaps by what they see outside. Sometimes it is by what they are told. Other times it is by what they experience.

Standing under the revolving lights, surrounded by the pulsating 4/4 beats hovering at 130bpm that is being blasted out of the speakers and immersing myself in the sampled melody from Twin Peaks, I recognised my age.

Go by Moby came out in 1992. Many people were caught up in the case of Laura Palmer. David Lynch lent his Midas touch on television.

All I wanted was to take part in a rave.

It's frightening that the moment Tony Tay dropped Go I could immediately place myself where I had first heard of the track. I think I must have been in Secondary 3.

Go



Moby

2 comments:

vulnerable toes said...

be like me. dun remember that release dates. be in denial. make good music timeless; makes us timeless.

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

but but....knowing music that is considered timeless necessarily makes us ancient. right?

=P