Sunday, May 27, 2007

My 1000th Post

This is my 1000th post.

I have 30 decks of pocker cards at home. Not running a gambling den and certainly I don't hold Friday Texas Hold'em nights.

I collect pocker cards. I especially love Piatnik ones. My first was a gift from Kenneth Seet who must be currently slogging his butt off in Seoul working as the First Secretary to the Embassy of South Korea and Mongolia (same office, two countries). He gave them to me in 2000 and I've been looking out for my cards to add to my collection. I don't have a lot from Piatnik because I don't really know where to buy them here. So I do want to look out for them when in Europe which isn't exactly a budget flight or ferry ride away.


The cards given by Kenneth were Piatnik Vienna Souvenir Playing Cards designed by Professor Kuno Hock under the Rococo Cards series under item number 2130. Being a souvenir pack, the reverse of the card features a painting of a building in Vienna. There are two decks in the set and Queen of Hearts is Marie Antoinette. This is considered my first.

And the most recent pack that mumsy bought me is one from Scotland. Normally I prefer to buy them myself because otherwise the significance and memory attached to each deck will be diminished.

There are duplicates in my collection. I have two of the same design from SIA and bought two of the same design from Malta. So I have less than 30 actually. Moreover some aren't even standard playing cards. I have a deck from Debs who bought them for me when her choir was performing around the Eastern European bloc. Piatnik 1813. Magyar Kártyák or Hungarian cards. I have yet to learn how to play this card game which uses only 32 cards.

I will show them in this blog some time later.

2 comments:

lucid247 said...

Happy 1,000th Post Day

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

thanks!

when you get to your 99th moment, Happy 99 Moments Day too!