Sunday, May 20, 2007

In an alternate world...

I never quite dig Aaron Kwok or Andy Lau. So when the girls in my primary school (May Primary School) started to dancing to 对你爱不完 (so we love love love tonight) (- translated, the title means Endless Love), I was listening to 3 A.M. Eternal and What Time Is Love by the KLF. The White Room was essential listening. Thereafter it was Ebeneezer Goode by The Shamen, who was really Mr C and peripherals. So when I was in secondary one, I was wondering why the hell is anyone singing about Ecstasy (Es are good Es are good).

Anyway, looking into the pages of Juice this month, the 10-eyelet Dr Martens is being featured. Man, I worked at KFC (the branch at Big Splash, no defunct) during my Sec 2 year end holidays to earn enough money to buy them. I can't even remember the price anymore! But I still have them at home. Talking about Dr Martens, I remember back in the days, vests were very popular. And haha, now, 15 years on, they are backing a comeback. I hope cross-color jeans don't ever make a comeback. The same for clothing inspired by Kriss Kross. I hope nobody will take bright yellow and purple denim seriously anymore, even if they are Versace, Burberry or Emporio.

It was a great remix of The KLF's What Time Is Love? that made me think of shit like this.....In an alternate world, The KLF would be invited to do a live set at Zouk. But tonight, we only have Tony Tay doing us all a favour by dropping that track. Gary, who was with his wife, asked me when the song was playing, if I remember Fire Discoteque at Orchard Plaza. I told him when I was listening to The KLF, I couldn't even attend afternoon tea dances!

No comments: