Saturday, September 10, 2005

Bai Kah

I have never used crutches.

I have never sat on a wheelchair.

But that's because I have never had a swollen ankle.

And it is growing bigger.

Swollen ankle

The above are my feet. The crutches in the background are from DNR Wheels. Support local guys!

It's totally weird to see yourself landing awkwardly and hearing the ankle giving way and emitting this weird cracking sound.

And after you try to "walk it off" like how the lads do it on EPL, you realise that you hear it pop back and collapse onto the field again.

Swollen ankle

This what my left foot looks like, normally. Veins are popping out cause I walk alot. No driver's license. So gotta take public transport and walk.

Swollen ankle

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is my mighty right ankle that has taken on a bright new sheen. With swelling. The swell is restricting my movement. basically any movement is painful. I am expecting the swell and pain to be worse tomorrow.

It's nice to know that I am covered by my "company's" benefit scheme when I need medical assistance. So the only thing I had to pay was the pair of crutches ($36.40) and even this can be claimed elsewhere from one of my insurance. If I were an NSF (non-regular, serving national service), the crutches will be free.

4 comments:

Princess Poofie said...

you got awful feet....hahahaha...
*jokin*
anyway, what happened???
too much dancing on board your ship?!?

enuwy said...

Wah lau.... that's one really bad ankle!!

Hope you get better soon, and well, there's always the Sheares Bridge Run next year?

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

poofie: what happened? Playing football like I am still 21. Forgetting that I'm already 26 and haven't played for a year. you green room sessions ticks are still with me...

enuwy: have a safe trip and enjoy yourself! lucky thing.

Princess Poofie said...

yea, we are all not young anymore. bones getting brittle, break easily. i shall be careful if i do play footsie.
so i gas i wont be seeing on the zouk dancefloor anytime soon.
*sob*sob*
act u can make like a surprise appearance. i have not seen anyone dancing with clutches before, it'll be a sight!1
hohohoho