Saturday, September 03, 2005

Saturdays - Ashes to Ashes

Leslie Low's cover of David Bowie's Ashes to Ashes still ringing in my ears. Space Oddity and Ziggy Stardust.

Do you remember a guy that's been in such an early song?

David Bowie is one brit I have never touched with a ten-foot pole.

My mother said to get things done
You'd better not mess with Major Tom!

I never realised that I heard so many of his songs until remembering he was the weird dude (evil Goblin King Jareth) in Labyrinth. Jim Henson's classic.

I never done good things
I never done bad things
I never did anything out of the blue

labyrinth

But it was always around me...twirling of the crystal ball on one hand, under pressure, vanilla ice, queen, man who sold the world, fall dogs bomb the moon....

I'm happy, hope you're happy too
I've loved all I've needed to love
Sordid details following

In the end, my initial fascination with David Bowie was never about his songs. It was with Michael Moschen's hands. Go watch all the movies. they are fantastic.

Remember the Motorola ad with the guy juggling in the triangle and using a cellular?

michael moschen

The tagline for Motorola then was Making the Impossible, Possible. I suppose Adidas is one up now, Impossible is Nothing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the david bowie track they covered was nice. :)

esp like the bass guitar's part. amazing. haha.

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

glad you liked it. and it does go well with Ground Control To Major Tom right?

Anonymous said...

yuppers.