Sunday, September 18, 2005

Mid Autumn Festival aka Latern Festival

Has half the autumn come and gone? I wouldn't have noticed it here.

Had dinner at Chinatown with V earlier. Boy was it packed. Eu Tong Sen was pedestrianised. Some MediaCorp variety show I believe. We had a stroll down Smith St, South Bridge Rd, Cross St to Raffles Place before heading to Merlion Park. She strolled. I half-limped. A lot more touristy people than a normal weekend. The families who are here usually would probably be nearer home to carry their laterns and whatnots. Merlion Park was noticeably, quieter. Still there were pockets of people carrying laterns, some were blowing bubbles (I kept on saying balloons).

Have yet to eat any mooncakes. No fried mars bar as well. Mong was around the area and she didn't buy it. Try it lah....it's really nice. It's not like acquired taste or anything.

Gonna work tomorrow and I don't really know how the next month will turn out. It's 4 short weeks before going for the next course. On one hand, there is so much more to be done, on the other, if I don't wrap things up now....I might never. I think the next couple of weeks should be rather exciting. I am not looking forward to any overtime...

Gonna have me some mooncake later. With lady grey nonetheless.

No comments: