Sunday, August 19, 2007

Time in hand

I've been meeting people recently. From primary school, secondary school, junior college and university. It's been rather fun catching up and each time it's a different place. Some places I have never even been to before. Like when I met the friends whom I first got to know almost 20 years ago, we were at Vivocity's Marche and later adjourned to Jewel Box at Mount Faber. Really great views were had at night. Cool breeze. Nice music from the live band but a tad too loud though. And perhaps too "soulful".

Have never been to Balaclava in my life and in a span of 3 months I have been there 4 times. The drinks are unearthly expensive. The crowd looked dressed for work. But meeting college friends at the pub was still novel. Live singing by Little Black Book made up for the expensive drinks and unfamiliar crowd.

Last night was with uni friends. Some still pursuing their interest at uni which is always a good thing. Others, civil servants, mostly. We were at tapas bar at United Square (Novena area) called Bungalow. Regularly priced drinks and I had two Guinness stouts. Which is super unlike myself.

Have been with the usual gang at Zouk rather frequently as well. Had the usual amount of drinks though the size of the gang is getting progressively smaller. Usually reduced to a threesome.

Driving lessons are still lots of fun. Just completed the lesson on S-course and Crank-course. The instructor said I had to learn corrective responses. So I had to intentionally mis-steer so that I can learn how to reverse and get out of the situation. So weird, if I can go through the courses correctly everytime, why should I learn corrective responses? I am so smug.

No comments: