Sunday, August 12, 2007

That shaped my perspective

I was no my way to grandma's with my mum today when she told me about a neighbour who was showing signs of early alzheimer's disease. The neighbour was only in her early 60s. Her husband was still going strong and it was him who told my dad about it. Of course my dad told my mum.

That kind of confirmed certain beliefs that I hold. And that is when you have met the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start soon.

After visiting my grandma, I was a little freaked out by how old she is now. She didn't have white hair till she was like in her 70s. Her hair is greying rapidly, her sense of hearing has been going down for some time now and her eyelids are getting too heavy for her and so she has to pry her eyes open or tape it up in order to get better vision.

Families are very important to me. I constantly remind myself of that.

No comments: