Saturday, November 10, 2007

Devon Aoki

I don't know for sure but Devon has graced the cover of i-D magazine 3 times.....

Septemeber 1998,

April 2002

July 2007

The latest being this year's July issue that featured Jeremy Scott as well. Devon has been his muse for the last, erm, 11 years apparently.

I don't know how my taste for art ranks. But I do think the best pic remains the one back in 1998.

My favourite pic of her remains the one by Ian Rankin for his "One Dress" project.

She's been in 3 music videos. Duran Duran's Electric Barbarella (the starting sequence of this track is so "now" - I cannot imagine it was made 10 years ago, Devon appears 3:10 into video) The Killers' Bones (love the track, love the video by Burton too) and Primal Scream's Kowalski (the bald guy in blue hospital gown reminds me of Alexander Litvinenko, that poisoned Russian spy) It'll be a dream to hear Kowalski being played in a car stereo while driving down an empty highway. Oh, and the video has Kate Moss too.

Great way to kick off a Saturday morning. Especially so after a night of too much alcohol drinking with people who thinks I'm 23. Must have been the poor lighting. People can be so kind with words. Some at least.

No comments: