Thursday, October 11, 2007

'Tis gone, 'tis gone....

I ask a friend today, what sort of a person does he think he is. The sort who will trust a person first and until such time the trust is breached, he will continue to trust. Or is he the sort who will not trust a person and it is only when it is proven with time that he will learn to trust.

Damn, it's difficult to express the above in English. It was much easier this afternoon when I was using Singlish syntax with clarity enhanced by Chinese words.

Over the past months, events at work made me think about myself. I realised that even though I don't bring work home to do anymore, I can't seem to leave it in my workplace.

The month that past was one of the worst. Not just in terms of sailing and stuff. It was emotionally draining. Mentally exhausting and ultimately, spirit crushing.

I worry about the day when I will become so paranoid and wary of people that I can no longer learn to smile and be genuine.


2 comments:

vulnerable toes said...

i've always remembered u being wary n careful first, much like the second instance u describe in ur question to ur fren.
So if u keep at it, maybe u won't need to worry about that dreadful day ever dawning?

i recently recived a work email concerning stuff classified under "history". immediate flashbacks of the high BP situations encountered before. not nice. dun like it... at all.

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

I really ought to learn to trust living things that think and talk more hahaha...