Sunday, October 07, 2007

The meaning of "A song a day ✗"

Haha, I cannot deny that the posts made under the label "a song a day" is always incomplete. And more often than not, there is an air of sombreness. A sense of pining. Something that invokes melancholia.

It is incomplete because that's how I am. And how I like it.

If I should stumble across a blog entry that kinda resemble a prose poem or lyrics, unaccompanied with sentences that feebly and inadequately try to explain, my curiosity will be piqued. I'd probably run a search on Google. And if the words are indeed lyrics of a song and I liked the lyrics enough, I will definitely want to listen to the song.

I notice poofie doing that rather often these days too haha...

The lyrics are not always from sad, sad songs. And often it is how you choose to interpret it.

For example, "a song a day 11" is Naked As We Came by Iron & Wine. It is such a lovely song painting a scene of a husband and wife, waking up in each others' arms, talking about their future together. A little morbid perhaps but still very romantic in a very private manner.

No comments: