Friday, October 12, 2007

New music

I bought 4 albums just now. Two by Nick Drake, another was the third album by The Perishers and this relatively new band called Grand Avenue. Grand Avenue is Danish. Like Kjeldsen Butter Cookies. But they sound like The Editors. Guys, please check them out...all killer no filler type of album.

The Perishers' latest is a marginal improvement in terms of range over their last effort. Although I said marginal, their previous album was on heavy rotation in my iPod.

Nick Drake....damn, I must admit, I still dare not touch his debut album, Five Leaves Left. I am afraid I'd just OD on panadol after listening to it. So I actually worked upwards....I started with Pink Moon, then now Bryter Layter....along the way, I also had Made to Love Magic and this Family Tree compilation of sorts.

One day I will buy Five Leaves Left.



No comments: