Wednesday, October 24, 2007

How To Be Dead - geddit?

Let's say you decide to write a song about a massive shout-fest with your girlfriend. You outed all the words you and her said to each other. You know if she finds out she is going to kill you.

What would you name the song?


How To Be Dead - Snow Patrol

Please don't go crazy, if I tell you the truth

No you don't know what happened and you never will
If you don't listen to me while I talk to the wall

This blanket is freezing, it's been out in the hall where you've had me for hours

Till I'm sure what I want

But darling I want the same thing that I wanted before
So sweetheart tell me what's up I won't ... ...


Stop! No way!

Please keep your hands down and stop raising your voice

It's hardly what I'd be doing if you gave me a choice

It's a simple suggestion can you give me sometime so just say yes or no

Why can't you shoulder the blame?

Cause both my shoulders are heavy from the weight of us both

You're a big boy now so let's not talk about growth

You've not heard a single word I have said ... ...

Oh, my God!

Please take it easy it can't all be my fault

I haven't made half the mistakes that you've listed so far

Oh baby let me explain something
It's all down to drugs
At least I remember taking them ... ...

And not a lot else!

It seems I've stepped over lines you've drawn again and again
But if the ecstasy's in the wit is definitely out
Dr. Jekyll is wrestling Hyde for my pride

Blue: Boy (pathetic)
Red: Girl (sarcastic)

No comments: