Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunrise in Barcelona

I wanted to blog about my trip to Café del Mar in 2002 and about the upcoming Café del Mar Singapore at Sentosa.

Was going through some of the pictures I took while I was in Ibiza. Will blog about those in a bit.

Found some other pictures that I wanted to share...

I read in the Rough Guide to Spain that the sunrise at the beaches of Barcelona were spectacular. So braving the morning chills and waking up at a ridiculous time of 5 plus in the morning, three of us made our way to the beach front of Barcelona.

We took a bus from around our hotel near Catalunya Plaza.

When we got to the beach, it was just starting to turn light. The other two girls were getting quite freaked cause of the stories we hear about beach bummers and PAFOs (pissed and fell over) in Barcelona.

We walked briskly to the beachfront and I can't really remember if it was the Barceloneta or the Sant Sebastia beach. Not that it really mattered.

I took this shot before getting to the beach (was still using film cameras then, olympus mju):


The scanned jpeg gave off more details. The actual photo was alot darker.

We breathed in the fresh air, standing, facing the Mediterranean Sea.

Then the sunrise began.


There was a lapse of about ten minutes or less. And as you can see from the two photos, the skyscape was changing rapidly....adding to the allure of the view.

It was such a beautiful sight....and after taking a couple of photos, we couldn't resist and took off our shoes and sandals and waded into the water.

No comments: