Friday, December 15, 2006

My mum's cool!

Whenever I talk to anybody about my mum, I never fail to talk about the time my mum had to see my Civics tutor in VJC.


At the end of the first academic year, parents or guardians of students with problems in their academic work will be given a letter inviting them to have a "meet-the-parents" session in school. Those who were given the letter printed on yellow paper were the "optional" cases. Most were given this yellow-coloured letter. Those whose parents must come, the "compulsory" cases were given the same letter but in pink.

So I was given the pink letter. I wasn't exactly the brightest star in class but certainly my grades didn't warrant a pink letter. So I approached my Civics tutor with the intention to sort this misunderstanding. Surely my letter should be yellow and not pink. Turns out she wanted to see my parents. "For a short discussion" was what she told me.

I brought my mum along that day. She was not told that I was a "compulsory" case. Don't be silly. Only in a court of law do you need to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

So god helped me.


My Civics tutor started going on about my work and how I can improve on this and that. Then she told my mum I was talkative in class.

Whatever.

She added that I was argumentative. The disputatious rebel with a single cause of raising the blood pressure readings of the tutors.

My mum's comeback was classic.

"At home I allow him to explain himself before I punish him. So maybe he learnt that from home."

Wicked!

My Civics tutor gave a weak smile.

"He always ask alot of question since young so maybe that can come across as rude for some people."

We have a winner!

I never had trouble from my Civics tutor after that.

--------------------------------------------

Today I got an email from my mum.

Hi Everyone,



Whoever came up with this silly phrase must have just got himself dumped.



My mum's cool!

No comments: