Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Things that keep me up at night (not the whippoorwhills' call)

Sleep will not come to this tired body now
Peace will not come to this lonely heart

I've never been one to plan for my life. So it's been a tumble, hop and skip to my present state.
Don't be mistaken. I'm not saying that everything was up to chance. It was more like making good out of the situations that I found myself in and making the most out of the opportunities I was given.

And here I am.

But what happens over the next two years?
What happens thereafter?

There are like a million (ok, last count it was 3,828 but that's close to a million right?) decisions that I have to make but I'm constantly pushing them off.

Maybe I just need to be selfish when it comes to decision-making.

She comes to me like an angel out of time
As I play the part of a saint on my knees

4 comments:

vulnerable toes said...

u either choose to continue to be optismistic (not very u?) and do the same as u claim u've always done - "making good out of the situations that I found myself in and making the most out of the opportunities I was given." OR choose to be a realist/pessimist and make decisions like u ought to. Imagine u are commanding a ship - "A man has got to do what a man has got to do." Make the RIGHT decisions, based on what u have at that time. To make u feel a little better about making possibly selfish decisions, 人不为己,天竺地灭 (don't know if it's the correct "zhu" tho... ;p )

can don't publish too...no worries...

Anonymous said...

yes, i think tt now while we can afford it, n in order to avoid regretting not doing sthg, u have to be selfish when making decisions
i guess my decision to move was a selfish one. coz i pretty much know tt i cant afford to be this selfish n inconsiderate at a later point in my life :)

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

Why is it that the hardest choice is usually the correct choice?
Why should the choices I make affect anyone else other than me?
Why is it that we avoid regret? Do we avoid being remorseful to the same degree?
Maybe it's time to really grow up.
Being realistic may be pessimistic.

vulnerable toes said...

correct choices are hardest when it's contrary to what ur heart feels....
'tension of opposites'
necessarily painful / painful but necessary choices....